The following lesions may be associated with Dupuytren’s, lesions in medial plantar fascia in 5 percent and plastic indurations of penis (3%).
Exact cause isn't known but could also be due to:
• Trauma of chronic repetitive in nature.
• Occupational, seen in people employed in rock drilling due to the vibrations of the machine.
• Males—10 times more common in males.
• Whites are affected more than blacks.
• Frequent and severe in epileptics and alcoholics (42%).
• Onset is usually less than 40 years of age.